A little update to your siding can improve the curb appeal and value of your house. A siding contractor in Salisbury MD can help you with your project. It’s very important to know what kinds of siding textures are available so you can choose one that’s most suitable for your home.
Here are some of the common siding materials:
- Vinyl Siding. This is the most frequently used siding nowadays. Vinyl comes in a wide range of colors and sizes as well as different profiles, including horizontal and vertical panels, traditional lap, scallops, and more.
- Wood Siding. This is one of the oldest types of siding. It is used in historical homes and buildings. Although it’s visually stunning, wood siding requires regular maintenance as well as scraping and painting.
- Aluminum Siding. This is convenient, durable, and low-maintenance. It’s resistant to cracking, fire, and rotting. Aluminum siding comes in different sizes and color options to suit your taste.
- Fiber-Cement Siding. This is durable and highly water-resistant. It can also hold paint well. Fiber-cement siding can come in an embossed woodgrain texture, stucco, or smooth finish. To keep your home protected against the elements, it can be partnered with different kinds of vinyl trim.
If you want a unique home aesthetic, choose a brand known for its many designs and wide selection of colors and textures. James Hardie® provides an array of choices for your siding needs:
- Select Cedarmill. With a soft texture that mimics wood, Select Cedarmill is perfect for preserving the rich heritage of your historical home. It also gives a relaxing appeal to ranch houses and country homes.
- Smooth. Loved by homeowners for its simple and clean look, the Smooth texture of HardiePlank® lap siding gives a house a chic look. It’s perfect for ranch houses and coastal homes.
- Beaded CedarMill. This is ideal for homes with lots of personality. The laid-back appeal of Beaded Cedarmill works great on cottages and bungalows.
- Beaded Smooth. With its smooth and tailored touch, this will give your home a modern and cozy look. If your house is more traditional and you want to add a modern twist, using James Hardie’s Beaded Smooth siding will do the trick.
All of these are primed for paint and come in 14 ColorPlus® Technology finishes. This means you have more siding options to choose from to give your home the look you want. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Do your home exterior a favor by updating your siding in Lewes DE. To learn more about your siding options as well as the products and services we offer, call Spicer Bros. Construction at (410) 546-1190 today.