Your roof is one of the biggest and most important investments you’ll ever make for your home. To make the most of your investment, you should make sure to keep it in good shape. This way, you can ensure comfort and efficiency for years.
To help you have well-maintained roofing in Salisbury, MD, here are some pro tips from Spicer Bros. Construction:
1. Keep in mind that a roof’s life span varies by material. Slate and metal have the longest life spans among material choices. Wood and asphalt shingles are also cost-effective options you can rely on for durability.
2. Make sure you schedule a regular inspection from experts like Spicer Bros. Construction. We can look for hidden and visible damage before they affect your home’s other components.
3. Flashing is one of the most crucial areas to check during inspection. Look for loose flashing around soffits, skylights, and chimney vents. Damaged flashing can let water underneath your roof.
4. If you see damaged shingles after a severe storm or a few years from installation, be sure to schedule repairs immediately. This includes rust spots in metal roofs, buckling or missing shingles, and loose tiles.
5. Make sure there are no hanging tree branches over the roof. Moss likes to live under cool and shady areas and spread throughout the roof.
6. Any roofing company in Ocean City, MD, suggests maintaining a properly ventilated attic. When your attic is too hot, the shingles could cook from underneath and eventually buckle.
7. A properly installed and maintained roof can last for years, even longer than its recommended lifespan.
Only experienced roofing contractors in Salisbury, MD, like Spicer Bros. Construction can inspect your roof thoroughly. With over 10 years of handling different types of roofing, we know how to conduct all kinds of repairs, including for leaks and storm damage.
We use top-notch materials to fix your roof. We are proud installers of well-known manufacturers like GAF, TAMKO, and CertainTeed. Scheduling your roof maintenance today can save you money in the long run because you’ll be fixing damage before it gets worse.
Call us today for more roof maintenance tips. You can also schedule a consultation through our contact form.