For many homeowners, working on a leaky roof can turn into a costly repair job. Roof leaks can damage the interior of your home and compromise your entire structure. With careful inspection, however, you can stop minor issues from turning into bigger problems.
This is where trusted roofing contractors in Salisbury, MD, like Spicer Bros. Construction, can come in handy. We can detect potential risks to your roof and help maintain its good condition for a long time. While the elements can significantly affect the condition of your roof, there are some things that we can do to stop roof leaks in their tracks. Here are five ways we can reduce potential damage to your home:
1. Observe protruding parts – If it creates a hole through your roof, check it often. Vents, chimneys, and skylights serve as potential entryways for water. We can inspect the flashing and seals in these areas regularly to prevent water from entering.
2. Check the drip edge – With a fully functional drip edge, you’ll keep water away from the fascia and direct it off the roof. With a missing or damaged drip edge, water can seep through your eaves, causing water damage and wood rot. We can help maintain your drip edge to make sure your entire roofing in Salisbury, MD, is safe.
3. Update your flashing – Flashing covers your roof joints where water can pass through easily. Over time, it can weaken due to constant exposure to the elements. With our help and through proper maintenance, you can stop future leaks from developing in vulnerable areas.
4. Inspect the attic – A moist attic can be the major source of a leak problem. Check your attic for moisture buildup and make sure to clean your intake vents regularly. We can help you detect small problems before they become large, expensive problems.
5. Clean your gutters – A clean gutter can effectively drive water away from your roof and off the downspout. When it’s clogged, however, your home can be vulnerable to water damage. We can help you clean and maintain your gutters. We offer a range of gutter services to keep your entire system in good shape.
If you need any help with your roofing, contact Spicer Bros. Construction. We have been improving homes in Salisbury, Easton, and Delaware for 14 years. Our vast experience allows us to solve any home improvement and construction issue. Apart from roofing, we offer other top-of-the-line services, including window and door replacement, siding installation, and gutter services. Fill out our request form today to schedule a FREE consultation.